Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Live in each season as it passes,

breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit..." -H.D. Thoreau I've always lived by this philosophy. Enjoy each moment. Savor each season. This applies to my creations as well. I love to work on patriotic creations on the 4th of July. Pumpkins at Halloween and turkeys at Thanksgiving... I usually end up finishing a project on Halloween and putting it out that day or finishing it a few days later and saving it as a new decoration for the following year.

My issue is now that I am selling my creations online, I'm realizing that doesn't work so well... People want to buy Halloween items before October 31 so they have time to enjoy them themselves :)
On vacation, I found this glimpse of the coming season. When we returned, I found that our pumpkin had prematurely turned orange. Maybe these glimpses will help me get in the mood for fall.

Any ideas on how I can savor the season while creating for the next one? I would love to hear from you!

Blessings, Patti

No comments: