Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Not what I planned on doing this morning...

I had heard on the news that Oprah was taping her season premiere today in Millenium Park with the Olympic medal winners. I walk past the park on my way to work and thought I would take a peek...I took a picture of the stage from the lawn seats and thought maybe I would get a glimpse of someone, but with no such luck.


I was going to head on to the office when an Oprah show worker came up and asked if I would like a wristband to the pavillion. I considered and debated for all of 30 seconds, then said Yes! I went through security and was shown to my seat. My seat was about half way back in the pavillion and I was certainly thrilled with that. Oprah's best friend, Gail, arrived before the show started. When the olympic athletes marched in, I felt like I was at the olympics! I was thrilled to see Oprah interview Michael Phelps.And was surprised at the height difference between Michael Phelps and gymnast,Shawn Johnson.At the end, American Idol winner, David Cook came out and sang. Meanwhile the olympic medal winners came out into the audience to shake hands. They were all extremely gracious and patient. Wow! This was definitely not how I had planned to spend my morning! The show will air on Monday, September 8th.


God is good all the time! All the time God is good!

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

La Donna Welter said...

Patti,

How amazing, what a wonderful way to send the morning. I love surprises like that!
Another surprise...you have won an award, please stop by my blog to get the details!

La Donna

La Donna Welter said...

Patti...
ALL things are possible!
La Donna

Suzanne said...

How exciting! And what a nice surprise and fun way to spend your morning! Thanks for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

What unexpected joy to spend your morning like this. Sounded wonderful.

Many thanks for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog. I seem to be going through some sort of transition at the moment (maybe it's my age!) but I need to just re-assess and see what to do next. I did notice though that you mentioned the word 'yearning' in your profile and I seem to be lacking that at the moment and I'm someone that is always yearning after something - a simpler life, more time with the children etc. Thanks for giving me something to think about.

love
Simmy

~Tonya said...

How NEAT was that Patti! WOW, I bet you never thought that was how you were going to spend your day.

BTW, what did you do about work? I think I remember you saying you were on the way to work?

Maybe now, I ended up taking a journey through some of your older posts.

You have a WONDERFUL BLOG.

Have a great day.
~Tonya