Thursday, September 25, 2008

Weekend plans

This weekend my sister in law, Joy, and I are going to our favorite folk art show - Country Folk Art Festival in St. Charles, Illinois. Someday we hope to participate in this show, but for now we are going to shop! I know that some of my favorite artists will be there - I just love anticipating what lovely work of art I might find this year...

Some of my past favorite purchases:Angel on church spire by Anthony Costanza
Autumn Thereom painting by Carole Behrer
Velveteen Rabbit by Ginny Henson
Adam & Eve by Chris RobinsonFolk Art Angel by Chris Robinson

I can't wait to share my new purchases with you!

"Put your hands to work, and your hearts to God." -Mother Ann Lee, Shaker sect founder

Shakers believed that making something well was in itself, "an act of prayer." I think all these works are beautiful "acts of prayer".

Wishing you a joyful weekend!
Blessings, Patti

1 comment:

La Donna Welter said...

Patti,
Thank you for stopping by my blog, and your very nice comment about my "Bird Cage" papercutting. It was fun creating it!
Thank you also for sharing your wonderful photos with us, I love visiting your blog!
Hugs,
La Donna