Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tag! You're it!

Life has been keeping me busy and away from my blog. All those things that need to get done... laundry, paying bills, etc. Tonight I'm sneaking away from my obligations for just a few minutes...

The very talented Barbara Shores, of Village Folk Art, was so kind to bestow me with a sweet blog award:Be sure to see her lovely artwork at her brand new gallery: Village Folk Art Gallery. Isn't her art just beautiful?!


Now I have the opportunity to pass this award on to other Kreativ bloggers that you may not know:


1.turkey feathers - this is one of the first blogs that I ever viewed. It inspired me to start my own blog one day... It's simply lovely. She has a new book coming out soon - Blanket Statement - and I just can't wait!


2. My Yellow Farmhouse - a woman after my own heart - wool! She just recently opened her own online shop Farmhouse Woolens


3. The Twist Family - Beth is a multi-talented artist that shares the joys of her young family. Her posts always remind me of cherished memories of my own sons from when they were little. I am so blessed to own her first papercutting.


Take some time to visit these inspiring blogs. I have also been tagged for the very first time by Suzanne, Painter of the Past, of Pear Tree Primitives.

When I read her post for this tag I certainly giggled. When I read Cathy's responses at Tadpoles and Teacups I truly lol'ed! I'm not feeling very funny tonight, but let's see how this goes...

Here are the rules: I have to answer the following questions with one word answers...

1. Where is your cell phone? Purse

2. Where is your significant other? Asleep (I do this late at night)

3. Your hair color? Natural (I haven't colored it ....yet)

4. Your mother? Perfect

5. Your father? Outgoing "people" person

6. Your favorite thing? Love

7. Your dream last night? None (just a nightmare about a spider)

8. Your dream/goal? (O.k. one word is impossible!) Retire from my "real" job and spend all my days with family & creating.

9. The room you're in? Kitchen

10. Your hobby? Creating

11. Your fear? Spiders (I'm a true arachnaphobic. See #7)

12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Here @ home

13. Where were you last night? Home

14. What you're not? A cook

15. One of your wish-list items? More time

16. Where you grew up? Chicago area (5 generations of my family have lived in this city.)

17. The last thing you did? Checked email

18. What are you wearing? pajamas

19. Your TV? On (Nightline)

20. Your pet? Turtles (Two three-toed box turtles. My sister happily pointed out that they live 60+ years.)

21. Your computer? On

22. Your mood? Content.

23. Missing someone? Parents & Grandparents (My parents now live 3 1/2 hours away. My grandparents have all passed, but I had all four thru college.)

24. Your car? Minivan

25. Something you're not wearing? I rather not say (but I am wearing pajamas, draw your own conclussions...)

26. Favorite store? Antique

27. Your summer? Gone.

28. Love someone? Family

29. Your favorite color? Depends.

30. When is the last time you laughed? Today

31. Last time you cried? Today

I'm not going to tag anyone as I don't want to stress anyone out, but I would love to hear what Cookie has to say...
"If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment. -Job 36:11


In this time of economic chaos, I prefer these definitions of prosperous:—Synonyms 1. thriving. 2. wealthy 3. fortunate


Blessings, Patti

3 comments:

Cookie said...

Howdy sister! It took me a couple of days to get over here (somehow i managed to get a major case of the gunk and was down for the count a couple of times) but this weekend, I'll make my way back over here to copy and post my own answers to this fun questionaire!
Have an awesome weekend - you FREEBIRD! ♥

Suzanne said...

Cute Patti!, I see we have a few things in common, well a lot! And I should have said that I'm not a cook either!...I'd rather create! :)

Thanks for playing along, sorry it took me so long to visit. Sounds like the "gunk" is going around!

La Donna Welter said...

Patti,
Congratulations on your award!!!!
My favorite answer...
18. What are you wearing? pajamas : )

Hugs,
La Donna