Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring has arrived!

In a U.S. Priority Mail shipping box! (Unfortunately, there is still no sign of spring outside.)
The TDIPT artists are in the midst of our spring swap. This time we were assigned swap partners and put together a swap box including a handmade item. I would be thrilled to receive a swap box from any of the TDIPT artists, but I must say that I hit the motherlode with my phenomenal box from Audrey of Bay Rays Child! Audrey is a true folk artist and has the most generous heart! I've been waiting for sunshine to take photos that would do this swap justice, but the gloom and rain just won't end... Since I can't wait to share any longer, here are the photos using the flash...


Don't you just love this bunny, basket, eggs and nest?! If this doesn't get you in the mood for spring, I don't know what will. Audrey also include some delicious cookies and chocolates, but those are gone already :) Don't worry, I didn't overindulge, my husband and sons helped.

Audrey and I share a love for antiques and I am so blessed that she bestowed these treasures on me! I've been admiring pewter pieces for quite a while, but didn't own any - now I own four! Do you see the sweet pinkeep box? Inside were the four unique thimbles. I've been really drawn to keys lately and now have two more to add to my collection! The brass key is imprinted Sears - isn't that cool?!
I was hyperventilating by now, but wait here's something to give you heart palpatations:

Aren't these birds absolutely incredible??? I adore birds and robins are my absolute favorite. This picture doesn't do them justice, but I'm sure they will appear on this blog again when the sun eventually comes out. The workmanship is phenomenal - look at their tails and the highlighting around their eyes! Can you believe how lucky I am?? And wait, there was something else in my treasure swap box...


Meet the lovely Miss Byrd! I have to say that there were tears in my eyes to think that Audrey made Miss Byrd and her lovely birds for me! I am so very blessed! The details in her face and her hair are unbelievable. I need to take a close up of her detailed fingers holding the sweet nest with momma bird. The folk art bird next to her is made of fabric that matches her dress.

WOW! I really can't get over all of these lovelies! If you can't find me in my house, I'm just wandering admiring all my lovely gifts!

Here is the whole motherlode:
Thank you so very much Audrey for your thoughtfulness and generosity - you really know exactly what I love! Take a peek over at Audrey's blog
to see my swap box for her. And be sure to visit her selling blog and her TDIPT page to see more of her wonderful creations.
Audrey, I can't find words to express how thrilled I am and to thank you enough for sharing all this with me!
Blessings, Patti

3 comments:

bayrayschild said...

You're welcome Patty!
It was my pleasure and oh, so much fun!
Thank you for featuring me on your blog!

Audrey

Suzanne said...

Patti~ what a great spring swap! Audrey sent some incredible goodies!
Love that pewter, :)!

Dogpatch Primitives said...

what a box full of treasures you received from Audrey!