Sunday, July 12, 2009

Heaven...



That's what this past week felt like. We've returned form our week in the northwoods - Hayward, Wisconsin. We have spent a week at the same resort for the past nine years now and it is definitely my favorite week of the year. No phones, no cell phones, no text messaging, no computers - just quality uninterrupted family time.

We swim, fish and kayak each day and enjoy the scenery, quiet and wildlife.

We saw several pairs of loons and this fella let us get up quite close. The call of the loons is my favorite "northwoods" sound.

Our youngest son took this photo and I love how it turned out! It just took a few moments to figure out which end was the top.

I found a little time to do some stitching - I worked a bit on this kit by Maggie Bonanomi. I still have a ways to go...


I also stitched up this sweet Prairie Schooler design. It has a companion piece that I started on the eight hour car ride home...


"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light."

Genesis 1: 1-3

I haven't forgotten about my giveaways :) You still have a few days more to enter.

I'm off to work on laundry, get organized, go through mail, etc. I'll have one more post of some photos of our trip and then the next post after that will be 100 and the winners to the three giveaways.

Hope you are experiencing a little heaven this weekend!

Blessings, Patti

4 comments:

Dora said...

Beautiful, peaceful pictures.
That Prairie Schooler is so sweet. Looking forward to your finishing on that.

Nancy Daniels said...

Love your stitching projects. Can you give me the name of the Prairer Schooler book with that cute whale and flag? I just spent 30 minutes searching on the internet with no luck! Thank you.
Nancy

Patti said...

Hi Nancy! Hope you check back here as I was unable to send you a direct reply... The whale is from Book #155 Stars & Stripes - its a goodie - I'd really like to stitch them all :)
Blessings, Patti

Nancy Daniels said...

Thanks, Patti! I am going to look for it now.