Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Keeping Busy

With my oldest son on a mission trip to Guatemala, I'm trying to keep busy and not focus on how much I miss him and how much I'm worrying.

Luckily, this Sunday was our once a month Stitch Club meeting. Don't you just LOVE Cathy's finished needle punch creation above?! The finishing is just perfect! I love how she matched the flowers and used a vintage wooden box. We were all coveting it :)


And Aileen had a great finish, too - I love the fabric!

I worked on a little wool applique.


And we celebrated Joan's Birthday.
Happy Birthday Joan!

Yesterday I took my youngest son and his friend to the Shedd Aquarium.

It's been a while since we were there.

We had fun looking at all the amazing sea creatures.

This little penguin in the Oceanarium was so sweet.
And today I had another finish:

I added a little needle keep from a vintage blue wool blanket to the outside...

And I added a little scissor pocket from the same blue wool on the inside.
"Country Sampler Queen of Spring Sewing Roll"
by Stacy Nash
Good thing I finished this club kit as I have the next Stacy Nash club kit waiting in the wings :)
Hopefully this week will continue to pass quickly for me...
Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

Lola said...

Patti, God will watch your son on his mission trip in Guatemala ~ I know it's hard, but keep reminding yourself that His grace is sufficient!!!

Hugs,
Lola

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Patti, your SN finish is so beautiful. I love your stitchings so much.
Try not to worry about your son, I'm sure he will have the time of his life and come home with a ton of stories to tell you.
~Nan

Cathy said...

Thanks Patti for showing my finished
lambie punchneedle.It was a trill to see it on your blog! Thanks Again
Cathy


And I'm sure Joey is fine, it won't be long before he's home safe home!!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

The punchneedle planter box is darling!

It's so hard not to worry but I'm sure he'll be fine and home soon and then you'll be able to breathe again!

Looks like a fun day at the aquarium - that's an amazing place - I wish we had one in Detroit.

Your needlebook/scissor keep finish is so pretty. I love the antique feel of it.

Berit said...

Oh, but I do love Stacy Nash!! Wonderful!

Also, do you have any of the vitals on Friend Aileen's stitching? Is it her original design?