Saturday, September 4, 2010

A good start

It's been a good start to a long holiday weekend...
At a local antique resale shop, I found this great needlepoint doorstop.
I just love the colors.

We stopped at a favorite used book store and I found these great bargains:
Folk Art - list price $12 for $5
Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott - list price $25 for $7
Home Sweet Home - list price $50 for $4!!!!
I love a bargain :)
Last week our Stitch Club met. Cathy and I both celebrate birthdays in August so we celebrated with a delicious cake.
Show and Tell is one of my favorite parts of club.

Jan finished this wonderful pencil box for her sewing room - I love that rick rack trim!

Kim finished a beautiful pincushion.
Aren't the colors great?

And Diane finished this purrfect needlepunch.

Here is a peek at what I was working on.
Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend!
"So keep at your work, this faith and love rooted in Christ, exactly as I set it out for you.
It's as sound as the day you first heard it from me.
Guard this precious thing placed in your custody by the Holy Spirit who works in us."
2 Timothy 1:13-14

Blessings, Patti

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Great bargains for sure! Love seeing what other groups are working on - thanks for sharing!

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Congrats on your bargains Patti.
BTW... I forgot to tell you in the last post how pretty your pairs are.
You are an amazing stitcher. I still marvel at my strawberries. Just love'm. Hope you do some velvet pumpkins again this year. I missed out on them last time. Hint Hint;D
~Nan