Friday, October 29, 2010

Boxwood and Berries ~ Day 4

All too soon, the final day of our Boxwood & Berries retreat arrived.
Our project was this fun Advent Calendar by Maggie Bonanomi.

Then it was time for our group photo. What a talented group of fun women!
Carla (ND), a sweet classmate of ours, surprised each and every one of us with a thoughtful little gift:

A photo album that now stores all of my photographed memories!
Wasn't that so thoughtful of her? Thanks again Carla!

Then Maggie surprised us with one final project...

A handmade memory book for storing more memories from our wonderful retreat.
My mind starting spinning as I thought of the little needlework journal that Blackbird Designs had gifted to us. All retreat long, I had taken notes, journaled, collected email addresses, noted websites and shops in this little journal.

So I decided to make my little journal a summary of all of the wonderful designers from Boxwood & Berries: Blackbird's journal, Maggie's cover design and fabrics leftover from Stacy's projects.
The result:

My memory journal...

Including photos from my time in Spring Green,


Bringing back happy memories,

and new friends to treasure,

Wow! What an incredible time I had.
Thanks for staying with me for several weeks while I relived the joys and blessings of this trip!
I hope that each of you get to experience a similar inspiring retreat :)
Blessings, Patti

4 comments:

edie said...

Patti, WOW, your pictures, commentary, and projects are absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing -- you truly are an inspiration!

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Patti, thanks for sharing your retreat pics with us. Your journal is so pretty and what a beautiful finish to have to remember your trip.

Raymond Homestead said...

Love it all, especially your journal! What a neat way to store memories of your special time!

Karen said...

Someday I hope to make it to this event and your sharing of your experience makes it even higher on the wish list. I love your journal - what a pretty way to keep those treasured memories.