Sunday, November 28, 2010

One last turkey...


"Turkey Turkey"
design by Maggie Bonanomi
Over the river and through the wood to Grandfather's house we go...
I know that most people have moved on to the beginning of the Advent Season, but I had to share one last turkey finish!
We visited my parents' home for the Thanksgiving holiday and I am so thankful to have found the time for this happy dance finish! Our oldest son is getting his driver's ed hours in and drove down and back! He's a great driver and it gave me over 6 hours of stitching time!!



I also picked this piece up from the framers...
Another Boxwood & Berries finish - design by Blackbird Designs.
I abbreviated the pattern and stitched my favorite parts. I added the name of my town and year as this piece now commemorates our home winning the town beautification award this summer for our landscaping and curb appeal :) - I was just thrilled!

And our dear sweet Orion joined us on our family Thanksgiving trip :)
He was a perfect traveling companion, but is not too fond of hotels.
I think that our entire extended family fell in love with him ;)
Well, now I will begin my Christmas decorating and will be back to share soon...
Blessings, Patti

12 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Love the turkey pillow and Orion takes such good pictures!

bayrayschild said...

All are beautiful Patti!
Especially that little Orion!

Have a joyous season!
Audrey

Jean said...

Hi,
Love how you made the sampler "yours"! I noticed the "filet" on the frame - didn't know about that until the B & B gathering! Can't wait to see your christmas decorations!
Happy Happy Holidays!!

Katrina said...

Love the turkey and your BBD piece!!!! Cute puppy too :-).

Sue said...

Where do you find room for all these wonderful things you make? I love the pillow!

Lola said...

Beautiful handmades AS ALWAYS Patti! And that Orion...OH my goodness! I just want to kiss his sweet little face. LOL!

staci said...

Your turkey pillow is adorable! And your Boxwood and Berries finish looks absolutely fabulous in it's frame!

Myglorystars said...

I love your turkey pillow, I would like to get the pattern could you please tell me more on where to purchase it? Thanks Rhonda

Diana said...

Love the turkey pillow!

The Wooden Acorn said...

I admired your wool turkey pillow. Nice work.

AND little Orion, such a sweet face.

See you on TDIPT!

connie said...

Nice sampler..Love Orion..we have a red female miniature dachshund..She keeps us laughing

LilyPadPrimitives said...

I love the turkey pillow. I saw people asking where you got the pattern and I too would to know. Please let me know ASAP.