Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Inspired...

It's amazing what a little sunshine and temps over 40 can do...
This weekend I cut back my perennials and planted lots of pansies.
I think the Vitamin D from the sun did its trick as I then went inside to do some creating and decorating...
These two Stacy Nash pieces from last spring are finally out and on display.
The very talented Vonna of The Twisted Stitcher has a finishing service which I used for the piece on the right - she did a lovely job!
I finished The Sampler Girl's Little Irish Sampler into a little pillow with rickrack around the edge.
and I finished these three cross stitch pieces that hopefully will become a sewing ensemble soon... I love the combination of soft yellows and grays.
And I pulled the wools for my next wool applique piece.
Definitely not my usual color palette, but the bright hopeful colors of spring have inspired me to break outside of my box...
Who knows where that will lead ;)
Blessings to all, Patti

9 comments:

Berit said...

Oh, what gorgeousness! :o

I DO so love that Stacy Nash set. I've yet to finish one of her patterns, but I need to!

Also, love that Sampler Girl; I totally have my eye on that one--such a treat to see it all stitched and finished!

Beautiful wools; can't wait to see what's next!

Dora said...

Love your Little Irish Sampler finish! I like the colors you chose.

Roberta said...

It's worth waiting for the right mood when your finished work turns out so well. I just love all the pieces. The SN bunnies are so sweet. I've lived up north most of my life and in the Chicago area for three years so I can relate to the effect weather can have on one's mood. Glad you're getting some nice spring weather! ~Roberta

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Wow!! What beauties !!! I love them all !!! Spring sure has sprung at your house !!! I have that sampler girl chart. I love your colors.. What colors did you use?

Carla said...

What beautiful stitcheries you have done! I love them all!

marly said...

You did a beautiful finishing job on the Little Irish Sampler. All of the pieces have such soft colors - very nice.

Patti said...

I've had many inquiries as to the colors I chose for Sampler Girl's Little Irish Sampler. Here they are - 400, 610, 640, 680, 730, and 732.

Thanks so much for all the kind words!

Blessings, Patti

Kim said...

I love those pussy willows! Can you share how you made those? They are just fabulous! Thank you so much!

Patti said...

The pussy willows are from a Needl Love Easter book. They are made with chenille yarn, wire and florist tape. Fun & quick ;)

Blessings, Patti