Thursday, December 20, 2012

Something missing

 
Have you seen the lovely vintage flocked Shiny Brite ornaments on Robyn's Mugwump Woolies blog? I fell in love immediately! That weekend I stopped at my little local antique shop and came home with these. My own little collection :) $10 spent and I am one happy camper!


I like how this simple little corner turned out with two Schneeman pieces and some fresh holly from my sister's yard. 
 

 
My sons' reminded me that something is missing from our mantle.
 
 
This will be the third Christmas that our sweet Orion has been with us and still he doesn't have a matching Christmas stocking! They told me that this is the year that I must remedy the situation.
 
 
I'm still working on the black wool insert and then must assemble it all by hand.
Here is hoping that I have a productive stitching weekend as I am quickly running out of time...
 
Wishing you a productive weekend as well!
Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

annie said...

Blessings Patty!
I have a couple of those shiny brights, they belonged to my Momma. Love your photos. I hope you get the stitching finished. Merry Christmas!

cucki said...

Hello dear it is looking so beautiful ..
Lovely sewing..
Love for you x

Mugwump Woolies said...

Love the Shiny Brites...beware...it's addictive !!! Everything looks wonderful...love the dove on your last post...he's gorgeous!
Merry Christmas!
Robyn

jennifer768 said...

So glad that you were able to find some of those shiny brites,so pretty!Everything looks beautiful!Sweet stocking that you are working,smile.Hugs,Jen

Carrie P. said...

Merry Christmas! I have one of the silent night ornaments in pink. they are hard to find.

Karen said...

Goodness love those ornaments and to think at one time there were lots on our family tree growing up - see a person should never get rid of things lol. Of course now I want some of them. Good luck on your stitching. I really should make up a stocking for ms. Cami - you inspire me to write it down for next year. Merry Christmas

Roberta said...

Ooohing and awing over the Schneeman pieces. That Orion is one dapper guy. Hope he enjoys his new stocking! ~Roberta