Saturday, February 9, 2013

I Love You Truly


"I Love You Truly (Truly Dear)"
design by Heartstring Samplery
 
Do you ever see a cross stitch / wool applique / quilt pattern and think, I must do this immediately!!!
All else gets set aside even in mid-stitch. That is how I felt the moment I saw this. "It's a Wonderful Life" is a favorite movie of ours. We even have a framed antique advertisement from when it came out hanging in our bedroom. I love when Bert & Ernie serenade George & Mary Bailey with this song.
 
So of course I started stitching the moment I received the pattern. I tea dyed the linen and unfortunately with no LNS nearby, I picked through the GAST that I owned to try to find something comparable to the photo. I had the little rosebud fabric on hand and the antique trim came from a tattered and torn pillowcase found at an estate sale. You can see all of Beth's lovely Heartstring Samplery Designs by clicking here. And her sweet blog can be found here.
 
Now it is back to the previously scheduled cross-stitch projects - I have two more Valentine projects that I really wanted to finish. Any chance I can finish them before Thursday? Well, I can certainly try ;)
 
Blessings, Patti
p.s. My heart sewing box giveaway is still open for a few more days... Click here.

6 comments:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

beautiful finish Patti ~ love your colors and fabrics ~ aren't Beth's designs wonderful?
~Lori

Pamela@ The Sampler Makers Farmhouse said...

They are lovely!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Beautiful and perfect for the season !
Rose

Carrie P. said...

so sweet! that is one of my favorite movies too.

Peggy Lee said...

That movie is also a favorite of mine.
Your stitching and finishing is gorgeous and I love that lace!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Just so pretty. I Gdansk hear that song now. CJ in OK