Friday, May 17, 2013

Finished?


"Is it Spring Yet?
Design by Maggie Bonanomi
for Blackberry Primitives
Butternut Days Club
 

 
Taking pictures at night, it is hard to do a piece justice.
(Ignore my foot in the shot as well :)
Is it better without a flash.
 
 
Or with a flash?
 
I love this wonderful design and wanted to finish it before spring is over...
I haven't worked on a wool piece for myself in a while, but this one inspired me to do so :)
 
 
I usually back all of my mats, but for some reason the torn frayed edge really appeals to me.
If I back it, the edge looks more finished.
What do you think? Should I consider it finished? Or should I back it?
 
 
The kit included a piece of Blackberry Primitives new hand-dyed velvet.
So I used it for the middle egg.
 
It has been sometime since I have had a giveaway. My crafting time has been limited, so I might think of something else for a giveaway soon.
 
Wishing you a lovely weekend doing what you love!
Blessings, Patti

12 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful piece and the colors show up nicely with the flash. Sometimes i leave the back off so it lays flatter.

Debbie

Kellie from Indiana said...

I love it, but IMHO Id back it ;)

Raymond Homestead said...

Love this piece! I also like the frayed edge, I'd leave it.

Kathy L. said...

I love it as is. Love the frayed edge.

Kathy

cucki said...

I love it too with the frayed edge..
Big hugs x

denise said...

pretty!! Denise

Pamela said...

Beautiful! love the colors and the blue eggs are adorable!

moosecraft said...

I love this piece! I would leave the edges as is. The rough edges add to the prim of the piece. How did you attache the squares together? Sewn with 1/4" seam (opened) or overlap and stitch?

marly said...

Frayed edge!

annie said...

I just love this, the bird & the blue eggs esp.

Nancy said...

It is really nice. I like it with the frayed edge. Thanks, Nancy P.

Michelle Palmer said...

Thank you for your comment on my giveaway, Patti! YOU WON my "Earth Day Garden" fine art print!
Please email me your mailing address: michart@rochester.rr.com