Monday, May 13, 2013

The World of Small Club Kit #1


"World of Small Club Needlebook"
design by nikyscreations
 


 
What a treat it is to receive a little package from Niky with such a sweet little kit in it ~ coming all the way from Italy!
I have finished kit #1 just in time as kit #2 has now arrived.
 
The top photo shows the front of the needlebook. (Don't tell anyone, but I made a mistake when centering it, so I added the three tiny mother of pearl buttons so that it isn't so obvious. shh...)
The bird is the back of the needlebook.
 
And here is the inside:

 
I love the tiny print cordouroy.
You can find Niky's blog here.
And her lovely Etsy shop here.

 
On Mother's Day, my husband, sons and I went down to historic Prairie Avenue to see the wonderful old mansions where Chicago's elite lived in the late 1800's. Only about 20 still remain standing. The neighborhood sat in incredible neglect and despair for almost 90 years, but in the past 25 years has seen a wonderful rebirth.

 
The Glessner House, designed by H.H. Richardson, is now a museum. We went on a walking tour, but photos are not allowed inside. Almost all of the furnishing and artwork are originals from the house ~ truly a wonderful example of the Arts and Crafts movement. Beautiful William Morris wallcoverings and textiles and lots of quartersawn oak.
You can read more about it on their blog:
 
 
After our walking tour, we had dinner in a lovely little Italian restaurant near my son's dorm.
I received these beautiful yellow tulips and a handmade card - my favorite!
I also received two tickets to see the Goat Rodeo Sessions featuring Yo-Yo Ma and Chris Thile at Ravinia this summer! I cannot wait!
Lest you think my family is too perfect, I asked who would be going to the concert with me. The response, they will draw straws and the short straw will come with :) 
Nonetheless - I am blessed!
 
I have to share my favorite Goat Rodeo Sessions song with you here.
 
"because of your father’s God, who helps you,
because of the Almighty, who blesses you
with blessings of the skies above,
blessings of the deep springs below"
~Genesis 49:25
Blessings to you, Patti


5 comments:

Patty C. said...

Very pretty!

cucki said...

So sweet...
Sending you lots of love x

marly said...

Sweet! Enjoyed seeing the old buildings.

jennifer768 said...

Sounds like a wonderful day.I had not heard of Goat Rodeo,so I checked out the video.I really enjoyed it.Have a great day,Jen

Cathy said...

Thank you for turning me on to Goat Rodeo! I love that kind of music and am always looking for more. Blessed be.