Thursday, January 2, 2014

Wishing you a Happy New Year!


Here in Chicago our New Years Eve snowstorm finally ended today - two days later. I took this photo about half way through. We now have over a foot of snow. Getting to and from work was a challenge today, but I do love the stillness that snow brings and the crunch of it underfoot.

This photo reminded me of my favorite pyrography box:


Sometime I'll have to do a "collections" post on my pyrography boxes.


I love the artistry and detail on this box. Wish I could step inside the scene...


The details are exquisite and the monochromatic colors are so peaceful.


My photos don't do it justice.


I think that is may be from Russia.


2013 had more than the usual share of challenges and sadness, but I have decided instead to remember the blessings.

I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it.”
~Genesis 28:15-16

Blessings, Patti

3 comments:

Three Sheep Studio said...

Love your 'snowman in the pines' banner !! Lots of snow here in Pennsylvania too.
Rose

Prims By The Water said...

What a gorgeous box! We have 7 inches that fell a few days ago and they are saying another 6 to 9 here in Michigan starting tomorrow night. Janice

Unknown said...

What a wonderful snow! Happy new year ! and your box is beautiful!