Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Bit of Primitive Heaven...


Where does the time go?! I have been back a week and haven't had time to blog about my trip. 
(The 12 hour days at work this week haven't helped ;)

The shows were phenomenal as always. The spring shows are smaller, but I still manage to spend more than my budget lol.  I took a few photos of a few booths to share:


This grouping of needlepoint pictures really caught my eye. The four small pictures represent the four seasons. But alas, none of them went home with me.


I was happy, as always, to see one of my favorite folk artists in Tuscola at "A Rural Life" - Ginny Henson. She has wonderful antiques and most of her creations are made with antique materials. 


I am thrilled to tell you that Ginny has a new website:

You can also click here to see some of my past purchases from Ginny.
Although now that I look at it myself, I realize that it isn't pulling up all the blog posts as I didn't label them correctly. You can also click here to see if Ginny has any upcoming shows in your neighborhood.


I get to see Ginny again next month! 
She will be at the Spring Country Folk Art Festival at the Kane County Fairgrounds March 21 - 23, 2014.
I can't wait :)


I also spent a lot of time in the wonderful booth of Jacque Bradford.
Jacque had some truly wonderful antique sewing necessities.


I could have spent my entire budget in this little corner of her booth!


And look at these wonderful silhouettes - be still my heart!
Jacque has a Facebook page and will be at several more shows this year:
Art & Antiques at Osage Farm April 26, 2014 in Charleston, Illinois
Country Antique Market July 12, 2014 in Bishop Hill, Illinois
A Gathering on the Prairie November 8, 2014 in Arthur, Illinois (I will definitely be there!)


So many beautiful treasures and never enough money lol.


Although the photo didn't turn out well due to the glare on the glass, I just had to share :)
Two of my favorite places at once.

I will post again soon with the treasures that I found.

"Listen closely, you who diligently work for justice
and look for the Eternal One, for what is fair and true.
It would be good for you to look back, look to the place from where you came,
the rock out of which you were shaped and the quarry from where you were mined."
~Isaiah 51:1

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Oh my, prim heaven for sure, so many goodies, Francine.

BumbleBeeLane said...

Lots of prim goodies. I remember when I used to do shows it was alays fun to swap with other vendors. I know your not setting up so you have to buy.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Marilyn said...

Looks like some great goodies there!
Marilyn

marly said...

Thanks for giving us a peek at the goodies!

Mugwump Woolies said...

What a wonderful show! Thanks for taking us along!
Robyn

Unknown said...

Inspired by your sharing!!! Thank you…a great way to start my day!!!

Jean Bee said...

Oh my, I LOVE that brownish quilt!! Would love to try to replicate that!

Michelle Glasgow said...

I just found your blog and love it. I was wondering if you could tell me where to get the jack and Jinx patterns by maggie Bonanomi? I am a huge fan of hers and have never seen them before. I thought I had all her books.
Thanks for your help.
Michelle