Monday, March 31, 2014

Lovely Oregon


Spring was in full swing in Oregon. I was so excited to see the tulips, daffodils and trees all in full bloom. When we left Chicago, we were still below freezing and spring felt so far away... 
In Oregon, I saw daffodils everywhere and loved the roadside self-serve daffodil stands. Since I was driving and we were under a tight schedule, I was unable to stop for photos, but I can still see it clearly in my mind's eye.
The purpose of our trip was to visit Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon.
We spent a lot of time meeting with folks and touring the campus. I was quite impressed (and I think that my son was too). At the end of the day, we were lucky enough to get a tour of a tree farm about an hour away.


 The views of the coastal range were lovely.


The timber operations were amazing.


I loved the smell of the fresh sawn wood.


Notice the tower in the upper right corner? It didn't look too far up...



Until we got up there and looked back down to where we had been.


Do you see the baby trees? 
This parcel was cut two years ago and the seedlings are happy and growing.


Our guide, a colleague of mine, was so kind and stopped frequently so that we could take in the lovely scenery.


We didn't want to leave, but it was time to head to Colorado.

"All the lands are at rest and at peace;
they break into singing."
~Isaiah 14:7

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Patti, I enjoyed your impressions of my homestate. It is beautiful here and I enjoyed seeing it through your eyes! The tulip farms are a favorite of mine, they just are so lovely after a long winter, which central oregon is still in!
Hope your visit to Colorado was inspirational!

Linda said...

Beautiful! Would love to see the flower stands.

Linda said...

Beautiful! Would love to see the flower stands.

cucki said...

So beautiful.. Yup can't wait to see flowers stands
Big hugs x

Three Sheep Studio said...

I have heard so much about Oregon.
A beautiful state.
Lovely pics ;)
So much fun, visiting colleges !
Rose

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, such beautiful scenery, love the pictures. So nice not to see white on the ground. Happy April, Francine.

Mugwump Woolies said...

What a beautiful country we live in! Looks like a wonderful place to go to school!
Robyn

jennifer768 said...

Beautiful country,love seeing the pics.Thanks for sharing.Blessings,Jen