Monday, September 15, 2014

September Mantle and More...


Every time I blink, it seems that a week has past.
Time for my September mantle.
My theme for September is acorns, apples and pears.


I'm usually ready by now for autumn, but not quite ready to decorate with pumpkins and Halloween decor. So these decorations of early autumn harvest help bridge the gap for me...


Acorn needle roll - an old Maggie Bonanomi Club piece from Country Sampler.


A sweet Steiff squirrel with a velvet and wool acorn. 


A collection of velvet and leather acorns.



Velvet pears made by me...



Chalkware acorns


Another old Maggie Bonanomi club piece from Country Sampler with a Maggie Bonanomi original penny rug in the background.


A collection of folk art and antique pears.


An oldie but goodie.
"Johnny Appleseed" by Prairie Schooler


I may have stitched this 14 years ago, but I love it as much now as when I put in the final stitch...


A Stacy Nash Club piece from Country Sampler.

Oh, the Lord is good to me,
And so I thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need
The sun, and the rain, and the apple seed.
The Lord is good to me.

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary.
Is that really possible? Who knew when we first got married the wonderful and incredible years that were to follow :) We are so blessed!

Blessings, Patti

17 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

I agree, flipping that calendar so fast...love the September mantle, those are wonderful tin lamps. Want those acorns as well, they are so sweet.Blessings Francine.

WoolenSails said...

Happy Anniversary!
Love all the decorations. I finally got mine out and doing a bit at a time.

Debbie

shelley said...

lovely!!

Kim said...

Patti~ Love all your beautiful decor!!! My husband and I just celebrated our 29th Anniversary on Sept 7th!!! I can't imagine life without him!!! We are so very Blessed~~
Kim

Ana said...

I love your early fall decoration! Love your velvet pears! Regards

Marilyn said...

Great Fall decorations.
Love the lanterns.
Happy Anniversary.
Marilyn

cucki said...

Beautiful fall decorations :)
I love them so much xx

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!

The Johnny Appleseed is one I've never seen. So cute!

Angie said...

My husband and I just celebrated 29 years in late July! Blessings to you for many happy years to come! Patti, I put a short strand of lights in my old graters. They look nice tucked in just about anywhere for a warming effect. Love your acorns!

Vicki Jo said...

Patti, thanks for sharing your lovely early fall decorations! Simply beautiful!

Deb F said...

I love the Johnny Appleseed! I've had that graph for years and now I remember how much I liked it.

And those pears...they have me thinking...

Carrie P. said...

love your decorations. happy anniversary!

Prims By The Water said...

What a fun combination of acorns apples and pears. I may have to use this combo in next years decor as I already have my fall decor out. Thanks for the idea! Janice

Earlene said...

Very nice Patti!!!!!! Love the mantle display.
Happy Fall

pj said...

Happy anniversary!

I love your pears and that special Stacy piece. You amaze me at what all you get completed. I must just be slow!

Happy fall! I hope you enjoy Boxwood this year with your good buddies!

Pam

The Eveningstitcher said...

Patti...your mantle is just gorgeous! I love the lanterns and your hand made velvet pears and acorns are just beautiful..I need to get busy on my fall décor! Have a great day!

Dianne said...

Love your fall decorations and your Stacy Nash piece. My husband and I celebrated 29 years too, September 12. congrats!