Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Primitive Paradise ~ Spring 2015


As usual I have way too much to share and difficulty finding the time to post...

This past weekend was spent visiting my parents in Primitive Paradise.
Time for the wonderful primitive shows in Tuscola, Arthur and Arcola.

The picture above is from my favorite booth at the Rural Life Show
the booth of Ginny Henson, folk art artist extraordinaire and  collector of incredible antiques.


I would love to have everything from her booth in my home :)


I love that she uses antique materials in her art.


This backdrop was stunning.
You will have to wait for a future post to see what came home with me from her booth :)


Next it was on the the Homesteaders on the Prairie Show in Arthur.
This velvet penny rug was stunning, especially with a background of antique pewter.


I have to admit that I am regretting a bit not bringing this great tongue rug home with me...
Something about the turquoise and brown and the neat shape of the tongues...

The next day it was on to A Gathering on the Prairie in Arthur, Illinois.
So many wonderful booths that I can never pick a favorite.


This basket of pin cushions and needle books kept my attention for quite some time.
(just ask my Mom lol)


Look at these beautiful velvet birds!


And this stunning velvet make-do should have come home with me as well :)


Antique lanterns and crazy quilts *sigh* make my heart pitter patter!


I find the clip clop of the horses hooves to be so soothing as we travel the area.
My parents are so lucky to have that as a sound in their daily lives :)

I hope to be back soon with pics of my purchases and the latest installment of Pennies from Heaven ~ my Mom's latest creations...

 "Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments."
~Deuteronomy 7:9

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Sounds and looks like a wonderful time. I could spend hours in those shops...and $$$

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Oh my ~ such wonderful eye candy!!!
Were these shops part of the Vintage Shop Hop? I thinking road trip some day!!! I could of spent hours there too!!!
Glad you had some fun!
Looking forward to seeing what you did pick up!
Blessings
Robin

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful booth and i do like how she mixes the old with the new. We have an antique barn with booths on both floors, so fun to look and be inspired, as well as, look for bargains.

Debbie

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

I have to agree...I'd want everything in that booth too. Lucky you to see it all first hand:) Smiles, Nan

marly said...

Looks like wonderful shows filled with something for everyone. Anxious to see your finds.