Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Springtime in Chicago


The weather in Chicago is always unpredictable, especially in the Spring!


On the first day of spring break, my oldest son woke up to six inches of snow.


Needless to say he was not happy and neither was I!


That same week, my sister had jury duty downtown in the Loop.
I ran over and met her for lunch.


Her timing was perfect as it coincided with the annual flower show at Macy's on State Street.
After lunch, we took a quick stroll through it.


It smelled so divine


And it warmed the soul to see so many beautiful flowers


I loved the Van Gogh inspired "Starry Night" wall in this room


Chihuly inspired glass sculptures always "shine" with a background of flowers.


I felt myself thawing out and warming up :)


On the way back to Daley Plaza, we took a short cut through the Pedway, where they had an exhibit of Victorian Era stained glass.
I loved the fish in the pond above.


The autumn colors of the leaves in these windows were stunning.

It felt like a mini vacation in that one hour - a true getaway!
Thanks for calling me Pam!
It was so much fun to share this with you and to escape for just a while!

And just to let you know, we have thawed out and on Easter Sunday I found this in my backyard


The tiniest miniature daffodils I ever did see ~ not even three inches tall!

"The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20

Blessings, Patti

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

What pretty flowers and stained glass.
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Marilyn

Angela Tucker said...

Beautiful pictures! Flowers warm the soul.

Elizabeth Ann said...

What an amazing show of flowers, and the stained glass was beautiful!

WoolenSails said...

The floral display is beautiful, l would love to see something like that and so nice to get away from the snow for awhile.

Debbie