Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Five Fun Finishes



"Lavender Pillow" designed by Lori Brechlin
in the book Summer at Notforgotten Farm.


Recently I have been trying to devote some time to "finishing" projects that are almost completed.
This is one of the finishes that I really love. 
A keeper that will live here on Winding Vine.


I love Lori's Farmhouse linen!
And the Lavender growing up the "L"
and the soft muted colors...


"Country Sampler Love is All Pinkeep"
design by Stacy Nash for Stacy's Girl Club with Country Sampler

Good thing that I finished this kit as the newest one has just arrived!


I finished off the back with a bit of wool and an antique mother of pearl button. 
I added a little scissor pocket.


"A Token of Spring"
Little Sparrow Pinkeep Club
design by Tammy Black of Scattered Seed Samplers

The next kit in this series will be out on the first day of summer.
It was designed as a pinkeep drum, but I loved the entire design and wanted to see the entire piece at once, so it became a pillow.

Our 30th wedding anniversary is in September. I have plans for a rather large sampler to commemorate it, but I am not very good with sticking with large projects. I decided to add our wedding year on the pillow since to me this design signifies the start of a family. If I don't get to the large project, this can be our anniversary commemoration :)



I love the little scallops on the edges.
I decided that I wanted the back to be as pretty as the front and so...



I added a bit of wool applique to echo the flowers in the design.

Finally I recently made a few more pentagon wool boxes for friends:


One in autumnal tones


And an antique shoe button closure.


And one in "seawater" with anantique Victorian cut-glass mourning button. 


I think that the heart on the inside lid has become my signature :)

There is still time to enter my little giveaway here.
And thanks for your overwhelming response to my June Offerings!
I already have ideas for July...

Bless the Lord, O you his angels,
    you mighty ones who do his bidding,
    obedient to his spoken word.
Bless the Lord, all his hosts,
    his ministers that do his will.
Bless the Lord, all his works,
    in all places of his dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul.
~Psalm 103:20-22

Blessings, Patti

6 comments:

Ana said...

Beautiful finishes! and so many! Love them all, specially your primitive wool boxes ;)

Karen said...

The birds and nest with eggs piece caught my eye. Love the colors. Well made.

linda said...

I love how you add wool to the backs of your crosstitch, such a nice touch. Beautiful finishes.

Prims By The Water said...

Wonderful finishes. Love the Lavender. Janice

Rugs and Pugs said...

Wonderful finishes. I especially LOVE the boxes.
Hugs :)
Lauren

village folk art said...

ALL of the finishes are wonderful, but I do believe the 'Lavender' is my favorite.