Thursday, January 28, 2016

New Monthly Blog Post Series ~ 2016


For the past two years, I've had a monthly blog post series.
In 2014, I blogged each month about how I decorated my mantle.
You can view my mantle posts here.
In 2015, I blogged about a few Buttermilk Basin series that I was working on.
My year of Basin Banners are shown above.

For 2016, I've decided to celebrate my all time favorite cross stitcher designer, 
Prairie Schooler, in honor of their retirement.
I've been stitching since 1986 and have stitched Prairie Schooler designs on and off all through those years... I love their versatility and wonderful graphic nature.

The first Prairie Schooler finish that I would like to share isn't even mine!


It was stitched by Mom!


Mom stitched it to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and it has hung in our house ever since (and it always will!)
A true work of love.


Thanks Mom! Know that 30 years later, I still love this piece!

So here are my January Prairie Schooler finishes:


Wouldn't you like to move into this cozy cabin and do some stitching by a cracking fire?


Stitched over one back in 2002.


A little ornament that I bring out every January instead of hanging it on my Christmas Tree.


And my favorite little Winter scissor fob stitched over one in 2003 (when my vision was better lol).
The ribbon has seen better days, now that I look at it...


And I have decided that if we get a snow day in Chicago this winter, 
this is what I would start to stitch that day...


Wouldn't that be perfect?! One can only hope... :)

Now I'm wondering what Prairie Schooler finishes I will find when I pull out my February decorations...

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”
~James 4:14-15

Blessings, Patti

19 comments:

http://celebrityrumours.net/ said...

I really love your stitching! Wonderful patterns and colors! A Christmas scissors are so cute:)

A.B. said...

I like your and your mother stitching. Prairie schoooler patterns are timeless ever nice and never boring!
Thanks for sharing so cute pictures.

P.S. Could you tell me in which leaflet I can find the log cabin with snow pattern? Thnaks.

Three Sheep Studio said...

I really like your snowflake and pine cone ornament. Perfect for these cold snowy days.
Rose

Vickie said...

What an awesome piece your mother created for you two.
The pieces you shared today are great.

Sherry said...

I love the banners! The PS sampler your mother made for you is beautiful. I know you treasure it. I really like your PS pieces also. I hope you get snow so you can stitch Snow Day!

Katken said...

PS is definitely in the top 5 of my favorite designers. I too have stitched many many of their designs so I'll enjoy seeing yours!! I stitched your anniversary piece as separate ornaments & have been hanging them out monthly since your anniversary!! Lol. When she retired, I was looking thru my charts & counted 62, not including the annual Santas & other mini charts!! I think I'll start one today!!

Claire said...

Prairie Schooler's designs are my favourite as well. I have stitched many of their designs over the past 30 years including the sweet little monthly pillows. I was sad to hear they will be retiring and although there won't be any more new designs I hope the old ones will still be available somewhere. There might be a couple of them that I don't have! Love your work and the Buttermilk Basin banners are fabulous.

Glenna said...

I love that your mom stitched that for you. Hopefully you have a ton of PS designs to pull from. I'm so sorry I didn't buy more of them when I could do so (more easily and cheaply).

Rita said...

I love your PS's!!

cucki said...

I really love your stitching
The scissor fob is so cute x

annie said...

Those are amazing pieces of art, go Mom, wow she is a wonderful stitcher whatever she makes!

Cindi said...

Those are so cute! How special to have one from your mom! I so wish I was able to stitch!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Marilyn said...

Your B Basin series are all so pretty, what a great collection.
The PS your Mom stitched is gorgeous.
All great PS pieces you've stitched.
Marilyn

Farmhouse prims said...

Love your B Basin series, so beautiful and your cross stitching is so gorgeous,
I am waiting for a snow day also, so I can make my beautiful wool applique from you.
Hugs, Lecia

Raymond Homestead said...

You do such a great job stitching!

Rugs and Pugs said...

It will be great fun seeing your PS designs each month. I'm sure I've got many of their patterns tucked away.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Krissy B. said...

I always look forward to your posts. You amaze me with all your talent and how many projects you make in a year. I buy a lot of patterns because of you dear girl! Thanks for sharing. Krissy B.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I am new to PS love, and I am sorry to see them retire. Will enjoy seeing what you make. And what a treasure to have a piece stitched by your mom!

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me what a basin banner is? These are lovely but they look like big bookmarks to me. How are they displayed?