Friday, March 11, 2016

Primitive Paradise ~ Spring 2016


 
This past weekend it was once again time for the wonderful primitive shows in Central Illinois.
Seven wonderful shows in the towns of Arcola, Arthur and Tuscola.
We used to run from show to show, but this time we attended just two and that was enough :)
 
I enjoy taking photos of the lovely vignettes, but find myself distracted by all the treasures...
So not many photos were taken.

 
This beautiful quilt caught my eye.
I'm always a sucker for wool and velvet.
And the stitching was just lovely.
 
 
So many wonderful treasures in every booth.
Oh how to choose?!

 
So pretty AND pussy willows - the icing on the cake :)

 
Joe Cardetti of Kracker Barrel Antiques ~ always one of my favorite booths!
His displays always take my breath away!

 
 Penny rugs and stone fruit... more of my favorites *sigh*


 
Jacque Bradford always has a fabulous booth!
The graphics of the wool pennies on an old feedsack was another favorite
- almost like modern art in its feel.


 
 I didn't want to leave this gorgeous monochromatic hooked rug. But it was not in my price range.
I wonder if I could try something similar in wool applique...
 
My purchases were all small, but treasures nonetheless...

 
 Sweet little treasures from the booth of Beth Pulsipher.
Such a pleasure to meet her in person after corresponding on Facebook.
Wish I had taken photos of her booth, but I was too busy trying to narrow down my purchases - I wanted it all! lol

 
 Wonderful old and worn fabrics and a neat grater from another favorite booth - Country Love Antiques.

 
 And I am so glad that I bought this sweet fellow.
A fun little bird atop an Amish puzzle ball pincushion.
I think that this one truly is Amish. The Amish believe that only God can make a perfect thing. So when they create a quilt, they will intentionally change the color or direction of one patch so that it is not "perfect". I love the one patch of brown in this pincushion.

 
The pincushion is worn and old in some places - just like I like it ;)
And I love how the ribbons form a "birdcage" when hanging!
 

 
The details of his tail feathers and wings, the funky poof atop his head and the wonderful faceted jet black glass button eyes *sigh*
So glad that I found him and that he came home with me.
 
My final funky purchase:

 
 An old wooden stool with an octagon top that has seen better days.
It was the bottom that tugged at my heart:


 
Oh the details!
Legs that look like leaves with wonderful carved veins and that great finial in the middle.
All painted a wonderful salmon ~ faded bittersweet color with hints of deep red beneath.


 
Look at the edges of the legs! Like perfect little fly stitches!
 
 
It appears that the original top cracked right across, so that they added a second board on top.
I think that it is calling for a little wool applique mat on top... What do you think?
 
Such a fun weekend that included a little crafting as well.
I'll be sharing that soon.
 
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.
~Deuteronomy 7:9
 
Blessings, Patti

4 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Patti, I agree Joe has the neatest goodies. I love your buys, sweet little grater.Blessings Francine.

WoolenSails said...

Great finds and the legs remind me of butterfly wings.

Debbie

Three Sheep Studio said...

Amazing and beautiful finds !!!
So much to look at. Love the pincushion. Wonder how many walked right past that stool, not seeing the detail underneath.
Rose

marly said...

Thanks for giving us a peek. Lots of treasures!