Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Stitch Club Finishes


 Recently we had our once a month stitch club and I was amazed at the finishes that were shared :)
We were at Aileen's house and the moment I walked in, I spied this fabulous jar filled with english paper piecing hexie flowers!

Aileen joined several swaps online and her flowers have been arriving from all over.


I loved looking through her jar and admiring the fun fabrics.


 They've arrived from all over the country and all over the world!
I had to share a few of my favorites...


 Our friend Cathy has been busy with her quilting.
I love the spool square above and look at this:


Isn't this strawberry square awesome?! 
It looks so happy :)
And do you spy the Easter runner at the top of the photo?
The fabric is chocolate bunnies and pastel peeps!
It's making me hungry ;)


 Cathy also made this sweet little Valentine quilt ~ such a fabulous fabric combination.


Here's the back so that you can see the sweet little heart quilting...


 And Jan totally outdid herself with this phenomenal masterpiece!
A wool applique crazy quilt purse!
Oh my stars! I think that I spent most of the afternoon mesmerized by its beauty and staring at every little detail!


This little bumblebee is so sweet. 


 And these teeny tiny flowers along a seam *sigh*


 more whimsical little flowers...


 And here is the back of Jan's purse.


 The embroidery on these flowers is absolute perfection!


 I love the variegated  thread flowers on the gray background.


 And this is on the inside under the flap - such a shame that it is hidden.
Jan should do a lot of shopping, just to open her beautiful purse ;)


Her embroidery stitches are so perfect!  


 I love each and every detail, except for the spider and spiderweb on the back.
This arachnophobic doesn't even like cute spiders. 


We didn't see Joan's show and tell until we were heading out the door...
She knit this incredible sweater! A wearable work of art!
The hood and the back were pretty incredible as well.


No finishes of mine to share... just a bit of stitching on the latest Stacy Nash club kit.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."~2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful stitching and pieces. I love the hexies, what a great idea for a swap and signature pieces.

Debbie

Marilyn said...

What great works of art.
The purse is fabulous!
The sweater is so unique too.
Marilyn

Primitive Stars said...

Love the jar of your sweet creations,Blessings Francine.

Lana Manis said...

Such wonderful handwork! I always enjoy seeing your photos... of your work and the work of your friends.

Rugs and Pugs said...

That purse is a work of art!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Unknown said...

i keep going back to look at that purse.what wonderful work. wish i had that talent

Anonymous said...

If you are able, could you find out and share more information about the online hexi swaps. I would love to do something like this. I did a search but only found some swaps for individual hexagons. Thank you for any information you might be able to share.
valekort at yahoo dot com