Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Whatcha Working on Wednesday and a winner

 
 A finish!
An abbreviated version of "Spring Bird" by Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm 
finished as a little pillow in a tombstone shape.
Lori and her husband, Peter also created the sweet robin threadholder available in their Etsy shop.  

 
 I backed my little pillow with a great vintage springtime fabric and edged it with vintage rick rack both found at an estate sale.
 
 
Now in my hoop: "Queen Bee Needle Poke" from Little Stitches Handwork Club by Notforgotten Farm.
And another of Lori and Peters' threadholders (I'm addicted!)
 
This stitch has been a bit of a challenge for me. A smaller count linen than I am used to ~ a bit difficult on moving trains, buses and water taxis, but I am determined to see it through and finished ;)
 
I know that I am going to love it when it is done!!! 

 
Thanks to all that entered my little Downton Abbey giveaway!
It is so hard to pick a favorite character and I agree with all those named:
Dowager Countess, Cousin Isabelle Crawley, Anna, Cora, Mrs. Hughes, Tom Branson, Mary and even Isis!
I even liked Thomas Barrow when they occasionally showed the soft heart that dwelled deep inside his often mean exterior...
 
Thank you to the 25 entries! And the winner via random.org is Ann, who said, "Mrs. Crawley always held her tongue when she encountered the Dowager... Grace under fire and a working woman too boot." I love it :)
 
Thanks Ann! Send me your mailing address and your little Downton Abbey tea sampler will be on its way...
 
"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there,
the Lord Jesus Christ,  who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control,
will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body."
~Phillipians 3:20-21
 
Blessings, Patti

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Nice projects.
The threadkeeps are so cute.
Marilyn

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Oh! pretty!!! thank YOU my friend <3
L