Monday, September 5, 2016

A Prayer Request


Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday.
Happy Birthday Dad!
A few years ago I shared some of the miniatures that my Dad created. 
You can read more about it here.


This is the piece that started it all. Look at the toolbox in the bottom of this photo. All the tools were whittled by hand by Dad along with the decorative cane behind it.


Tomorrow I will head down to celebrate Dad's birthday, 
but also to take Dad for a lung biopsy on Wednesday.
May I please ask that you say a prayer for my Dad?


Mom and Dad have been through a lot this year.
We know the power of prayer in Mom's healing from surgery only two months ago
and in the wonderful news that her cancer is now in remission.
We appreciate the outpouring of love, prayer and well wishes from so many of you!
We can't possibly thank you enough.
We certainly didn't anticipate requesting more prayers so soon.
We pray for the same healing for Dad as he has been experiencing a lot of pain this week.
Prayers for healing, comfort and peace.

If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
    and you make the Most High your dwelling,
no harm will overtake you,
    no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways
~Psalm 91:9-11

Blessings, Patti

23 comments:

Marilyn said...

Glad to hear your Mom is doing well.
You are all in my thoughts.
Take care.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

You got it, Patti! He's on my rosary list! ~Nancy~

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

It is always a blessing to pray for friends and family! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful celebration with your family.
Carrie

Dirty Martini Queen said...

So glad to hear that your mom is doing well and will certainly add your dad to my prayer list.
Donna

Rugs and Pugs said...

There sure is a lot of talent in your family. WOW!
Happy for mom and will keep dad in my prayers.
Hugs :)
Lauren

pj said...

Happy to add your dad to our prayer list! Keep us in the loop.

WoolenSails said...

A hard way to spend his birthday and he will definitely be in my prayers.

Debbie

laceystitcher said...

I will keep all of you in my prayers that God's Grace will give all of you the strength and courage needed during life's valleys.

Pam

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Our family went through this scare in July. My prayers are with you all.

sandi s said...

All of you will be in my prayers. Hugs,,

Simple Pleasure said...

Definitely, I will be praying for your family...
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

linda said...

Prayers for healing, comfort and peace for your Dad and family

Joanie said...

Of course! Praying for your Dad and rejoicing in the news of your Mom!

Paula DiMattei said...

I'll be praying for your Dad and you and your family..

bayrayschild said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad Patti and sending a prayer his way!

Audrey

marly said...

Oh my. Please keep us informed, wish him a happy birthday, and tell him he has our prayers.

Prims By The Water said...

What awesome items your dad made. Sending out prayers out as well/ Janice

Jo Ann said...

I'll add you dad to my prayer list ~ your mom is still on it. Give your mom and dad an extra hug from me ! Jo Ann

OhioLori said...

Definitely prayers for your Dad, and Mom too!! Praising that she is doing so well!!

Will a stitch said...

Sending prayers. I'm sure he had a wonderful birthday. Another talented family member--beautiful miniature!

Judy Heartland stitcher

Halland House Gifts said...

praying

Unknown said...

"But I (your father) am like a green olive tree in the house of God.
I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever.
I will thank You forever, because You have done it.
I will wait for Your Name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly." Psalm 52:8-9

May His mercy and peace be with you, Patti, and with your father and mother.

Karen (horseandbuggycountry)

Unknown said...

"But I (your father) am like a green olive tree in the house of God.
I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever.
I will thank You forever, because You have done it.
I will wait for Your Name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly." Psalm 52:8-9

May His mercy and peace be with you, Patti, and with your father and mother.

Karen (horseandbuggycountry)