Friday, January 20, 2017

Holly Days Part 2


Earlier this month I sent my Mom a text to show her what I was working on that day:
Maggie Bonanomi's "Holly Table Mat" for the Country Sampler's Girls Club.


Mom responded with this texted photo! She was working on the same thing!!!
We must have some mental telepathy?!

So an unintended stitch along!
It's fun to do a stitch along - our texts for the next week or so go something like...
"Are you adding any leaves?"
"I'm thinking about it."
"Are you adding any extra berries?"
"Oh good idea!"
"What thread are you using to blanket stitch around the edge? Black, red or green?"


Mom is much quicker than I (and much more precise! I'm always in a hurry to finish.)
This was a status pic that she sent while we were discussing backing.


And this is Mom's version completed.
Gorgeous Mom! I love the veins in the leaves! And the extra leaves!


And this is my finish.
It's so hard to get a decent picture this time of year - it is pitch black out when I leave for work in the morning and pitch black out when I return at night.
Unfortunately the flash leaves glare.
 

Here is another try.


I had fun with the berries having each stitch meet in the center.

Say Mom... What are you working on tonight? ;)

 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
~Philippians 2:3-4

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Both are WONDERFUL!
I just love Maggie's patterns!
Happy Friday to you.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

That is so cool..mental telepathy lol. They both turned out great!

Marilyn said...

Both look great.
How funny that you picked the same project to work on.
Marilyn

Doreen Frost said...

Absolutely wonderful. :) One of my favorite designs of Maggie's...Tho, they are all so wonderful it truly is hard to chose.

Wishing you a lovely day, doreen

sandi s said...

They are both so beautiful! Hugs,

Prims By The Water said...

They are both simply fantastic! Janice

Me and My Stitches said...

Love them both! Too funny that you were both working on the same thing. There has been several times that I've been chatting with my mom on the phone and we will realize that we are making the same thing for supper. Must be a mother/daughter thing!

Unknown said...

How funny is that? A very cute mat.