Friday, September 1, 2017

Status & A Winner



Where does the time go?!?!
I said that I would post a winner on Monday and here it is Friday already!
And to top it off, August is over and September has arrived! 


I enjoyed reading all your comments about your vacations!


Some of you have gone on wonderful trips, others have yet to leave.
Some are staying at home, but hopefully all are stitching!
I liked those who commented, when you are retired do you still call it a vacation? :)


Thank you so much for the 46 entries in my little giveaway.
Using random.org, the winner is #7:
Connie who said "I spent my summer in the Mountains."
Connie, please email me at pgagliardi9@hotmail.com with your mailing address and I will get your package on its way... Enjoy!


While Mom was in the hospital, I decided to take a walk one day and get some fresh air.


I found this park a block from the hospital.


A few moments spent in nature is such a balm to the soul - refreshing and soothing.


I found that acorns are starting to fall.


And I loved the identification markers on the trees.

So many of you have asked about Mom.
Mom is staying with me for a bit while she recuperates from her recent hospitalizations.
She has had another round of chemo. And has had a few more bumps in the road.
(well, maybe some are more like potholes, but let's call them bumps)
The pups are doing their best to comfort and entertain her ;)


I just had to share this wonderful quilt!


It has so much meaning as each of these squares is from one of Dad's shirts!


I'm not sure if you would call this a double binding or a piping, but nevertheless it sets the quilt off perfectly! The woman that made it added this oh so special tag on the back:


Such a very special treasure!

Thank you for your continued prayers and well wishes.
Each and every one is greatly appreciated!

 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
~Romans 12:4-5

Blessings, Patti
p.s. I have been working on a little group of offerings that I hope to share this weekend - think repurposed antiques and pumpkins...

11 comments:

marly said...

Oh Patti that quilt brought a tear. It's wonderful. And that park is a real treasure. I do not believe I've ever seen acorns that size!

Rugs and Pugs said...

That quilt is a real treasure!
Prayers for mom.
Hugs to you.
Lauren

Lillian Carol said...

Patti, continued prayers for your mom. So glad you have her with you and that your sweet pups are there to give their love to her. That quilt is such a wonderful, sweet treasure....thank you for sharing.

linda said...

You and your mom are such inspirations! That quilt is an honor to the love your mom and dad share. Continued hugs and prayers for all

WoolenSails said...

What a beautiful place to walk and unwind, it is good to keep yourself healthy and centered now that you are taking care of your mom. Prayers for continued recovery and less bumps in the road. I do love quilts made from old clothing, I still have to do one.

Debbie

Jacqueline said...

Stunning quilt. Best wishes for you and your Mom.

Unknown said...

I'm so moved by the quilt. I lost my dad this past May, what a wonderful idea. The sentiment is so special. It will provide many hours of comfort I'm sure. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Marilyn said...

Congrats to Connie!
The quilt is sure a special piece.
I hope your Mom feels better soon, glad the Pups are helping.
Love those Acorns!
Marilyn

thearttramp said...

Love that quilt!!!!!! It made my eyes well up as I remembered my own dad but also brought a small to my face with those memories. What a magnificent tribute....thank you for sharing it with all of us!

Annmarie said...

Your post is the reason I follow blogs. Your sharing is special! Love the quilt and personalization...a treasure for sure. Prayers continue

jan said...

The quilt is a wonderful treasure. ...jan