Friday, May 11, 2018

From Our Hands ~ Creative 2018 ~ Shopping The Mercantile


My first stop in shopping was Rebekah L. Smith's booth.
These are Mom's purchases - lovely wool, a journal with a wonderful page saver bookmark made by Rebekah and a little needle minder kit.


I also bought some lovely wool from Rebekah.
My favorite is the one on the bottom - 
you need to take a closer look:


Isn't it gorgeous with all those wonderful colors?!


Mom and I both bought a Lap App. We tried them out in class and found that we really liked them. I usually work on projects while sitting on the couch and this helps a lot with my posture, not being hunched over. It adapts to so many positions. On the left is a wonderful piece of a vintage tablecloth that Rebekah overdyed with walnut dye. Also a needle minder kit, two hand-dyed linen bags - I love the one that I recently made and have some ideas for these two. And the basket on the right oh my!


I am so thrilled to add this to my collection of Rebekah creations.
So pretty and useful! I love birds and the moment I saw it I couldn't let it go :) 


Mom's first stop was Heartwells. She had admired the lovely antique spool holders with newly made pincushions last year and was hoping for one this year. She bought a beauty! She also got a tiny sweet tomato emery and some pretty wool from Crows on the Ledge.

And guess what?!?


Mom gifted me with a spectacular antique spool holder by Heartwells with this sweet squirrel!!!



Can you see his teeny tiny velvet acorn? He is so very sweet!
I am blessed and thrilled to have him. 
Thank you ever so much Mom!


And I had to purchase this sweet tiny dachshund pincushion with her tiny bone and a tiny tomato emery to match Mom's. 

Doesn't the pincushion look just like my sweet Leia?


Yep, they both sure are sweet :)


This lovely necklace was made by Kelsy Anilee Smith.


And I certainly didn't have any self-control in Stacy Nash's booth lol.
Do you see the tiny pin wheel with the robin that Stacy made?


I also bought these wonderful scissors from Lori Ann Corelis.


Kim Stout had a wonderful booth filled with antique sewing tools and lovely creations she made herself. Two thread wheels, two needle cases, and an Amish Stumpwork tin pattern were the treasures that I acquired in her fantastic booth.

And this was just the first night of our retreat! There is so much more to share before I have my little giveaway :) Next up - The Classes!

 Live in peace with each other. And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone.
~1 Thessalonians 5:13-14

Blessings, Patti 

10 comments:

Jean Bee said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!! Oh I love it all! I hope Rebecca sells that kit on her website. I so want to go to this event. I’m so happy you and your Mom are having so much fun together! You really are blessed.

Lady Locust said...

Just day 1!!! Drool, ogle, ooh, ahh.. That doxy pincushions is a hoot! What fun goodies.

Marilyn said...

You both found some fantastic treasures.
the wools are to die for.
The squirrel is great, but that dachshund pincushion is ever so cute!
Marilyn

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

wonderful!!!!! such treasures and wonderful memories made <3
can't wait to see more!
Lori

Kathy H said...

What great treasures you found. Can’t wait to see what you make with those patterns.

marly said...

This may be my favorite haul of hauls!

Jacqueline said...

What a wonderful time for you and your Mom. Besides all your found treasures you get to share a like passion.

GeneGribouille03 said...

C'est superbe tout cela, et l'écureuil est craquant quel beau cadeau bon dimanche

Rugs and Pugs said...

Such treasures!!! You always come home with the best stuff. That little dachshund pincushion is beyond cute! I, too, have one of those tiny tomatoes. Love it.
Happy Mother's Day :)

Three Sheep Studio said...

Beautiful items and memories to take home !
Rose